SUMMER FESTIVAL SPOTLIGHTS
The City of Edmonton is known for its festivals that happen year round but especially in the summer. Here is a list of some of the festivals taking place the Summer of 2019. The variety available ranges from music to food to cultural celebrations. Which Edmonton festival is your favourite?
Annual Serbian Days Festival
- Multicultural event featuring Serbian cuisine, traditional dance performances (Serbian, Ukrainian, Polish, Greek, flamenco, tango), live music, sport tournaments (soccer, tennis, ping pong, volleyball, chess), kids activities (bouncing castle w/ obstacle, face painting, clown), etc.
- June 1-2, 12920-112 Street, Free Admission
Porkapalooza BBQ Festival
- This annual festival includes a world-class cooking competition and has plenty of activities of families and food lovers to enjoy. There is a food stage, automobile Show and Shine and a Kids’ Zone.
- June 15-16, Edmonton Expo Centre, Free Admission
Soundtrack Music Festival
- The Kinsmen Club of Edmonton is proud to present Soundtrack Music Festival Volume 2. The multi-genre Top 40 music & arts festival will feature performances from some of the music industry's hottest talent both past and present in Edmonton’s one-of-a-kind historic River Valley.
- June 22, Kinsmen Park, $25-99
The Works Art & Design Festival
- This festival is an extravaganza of visual art, design and entertainment that attracts artists and patrons from around the globe. A place for everyone to discover, discuss and develop an appreciation for art and design.
- June 20-July 2, Capital Plaza on the Legislature Grounds, Free Admission
Edmonton International Street Performers Festival
- Now in its 35th year, it is known worldwide for its amazing artists and generous audiences. This festival features over 40 acts from around the world with more than 1500 outdoor shows.
- July 5-14, Dr Wilbert McIntyre Park, 8331-104 Street, Free Admisson
- Ribfest is a family friendly event featuring foodies, beer garden, live local music, best poutine competion, kids fun zone and more. Let's get smokin' with the best in Ribs, Chicken, Briskett, and Pulled Pork.
- July 12-14, Borden Park, Free Entry and VIP tickets
- Africanival is to share and celebrate with Edmontonians, the colorful, rich, inviting and diverse cultures of peoples of African descent in Edmonton and beyond.
- July 12-14, 10581-107 Street, Free Entry
- Musical mavericks, dancing and great food under open skies are all part of this three-day festival.
- July 26-28, Hawrelak Park, Passes $69-279
Edmonton Heritage Festival
- Sample delicious food, see creative performances, and celebrate Canada's multiculturalism.
- Aug 3-5, Hawrelak Park
Edmonton Folk Music Festival
- With the backdrop of downtown this festival is a family event full of music from more than 60 performers.
- Aug 8-11, Gallagher Park, 9411-97 Ave, tickets on sale June 1
Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival
- In the heart of Old Strathcona you will find the largest, longest running Fringe Festival in North America offering 1,600+ performers across 45+ venues.
- Aug 15-25, Old Strathcona, varying ticket prices