Drive Through Christmas Lights in YEG
Have you experienced the wonder of a drive through Christmas light display? Are they a part of your families’ Holiday traditions?
As we continue to keep safe distances in these times of precautions and restrictions due to the ongoing pandemic, we wanted to share some joy with you. Here is a list of some of the drive through Christmas light experiences in and around Edmonton this season.
- The Canadian Tire Magic of Lights presented by MHCare Medical at Castrol Raceway in Leduc takes place November 20, 2020 through to January 2, 2021. See 2.5 km of displays celebrating the joy of the holidays. Admission range from $25-120 with pricing for car, limo and bus entrance. Add on the experience of a drive-up Santa photo experience. For a way to give back, visit on November 28th when all proceeds will be donated to STARS Air Ambulance. Find out more at https://www.castrolraceway.com/magic-of-lights-general-info/
- Zoominescence, A Festival of Light is hosted by the Valley Zoo Development Society and runs Thursday thru Sunday from November 26 , 2020 to January 3, 2021. This event sponsored by EPCOR lights up the Valley Zoo. Tickets range from $10.50 to $14.95. For more information and to buy tickets visit https://www.buildingourzoo.com/events/zoominescence/
- New this year is the Winter Wonder Forest presented by True Start Foundation in partnership with Snow Valley. The 115,000 sq foot campground is being transformed into a Holiday light display. This event runs November 27, 2020 thru to January 3, 2021. Car passes are $30. Due to the roads in the campground this event is for small and medium sized vehicles only. For more information and to buy passes visit https://winterwonderforest.ca/
- Glow is back this year. This indoor Holiday light event takes place at the Edmonton Expo Centre. All recommendations of physical distancing will be followed and tickets are purchased for a specific time slot. Also visit the Merry Makers Market. Ticket prices range from $16.99 to $25.99 for individuals and $75.99 to $84.99 for the family pass. For information and tickets visit https://glowyeg.ca/#
- A long-standing tradition in Edmonton is the Festival of Trees in support of the University Hospital Foundation. This year the event will be virtual. Visit https://www.festivaloftrees.ca/ to support the Foundation with virtual experiences like Santa Time, Story Time with Mrs. Claus, Renting a decorated and delivered Christmas tree, Online Auction and purchasing a Festival in a Box.
- Luminaria at the University of Alberta Botanic Garden is a popular event each year. This event runs every evening in December (except Dec 25) and tickets range from $10-20. Visit https://luminaria.ualberta.ca/ for more information and to purchase tickets.
- Leduc Country Lights takes place at eh Leduc West Antique Society and runs from December 1, 2020 to January 3, 2021. This is walk through event that is following the physical distancing recommendations. Admission is $2 per person. Food Bank donations will also be accepted in addition to admission. For more information visit https://leduccountrylights.ca/
If you have other favourite light displays that you visit during the Christmas season please let us know.